Wednesday, December 15, 2010

8 months

It's hard to believe, but Charlie is 8 months old! 

And what a delight he is!!

At 8 months, Charlie is
  • Sleeping 13 hours at night
  • Nursing 3 times a day and drinking 2 juice bottles a day
  • Eating 3-4 jars of baby food a day
  • Wearing a size 2 diaper (but not for long)
  • Wearing 6-12 month clothes
  • Snacking on Ritz crackers, especially when mama is cooking dinner
  • Taking 2 good naps a day, unless he gets off schedule from being away from home during the day
  • Tolerable (most of the time) to his brothers' and sister's attempts to play "house" with him as the designated "baby"
  • Tolerable of being passed around to family and friends, but is happiest with mama (as it should be!)
  • Still does not like tummy time or bath time
  • Still toothless, but not for long
  • Grabs, pulls, and reaches for anything he can get his little hands on....most often my hair.
  • Sitting up independently for short periods of time

Forget this "baby food" junk....I want the real deal!!

Playing independently and happily....just the way I like it! 
Blanket time, here we come!

We absolutely adore this boy!!  One of the most common questions I hear throughout the day (other than "Can I play a computer game?") is, "Can I hold Charlie?"  Oftentimes, one of two responses immediately comes to mind....."No, he's fussing right now, let Mommy take care of him" or, "No, he's happy where he is.  Let's leave him be."  And then I catch myself in my own contradictions!  Trust me, the bigs do get plenty of time to love on their little brother, so much so that they often come toting him back to me because they've had their fill of fun.....or he needs a clean diaper. 

Little Charlie is an absolute delight and we love him dearly!  He is growing up so fast!!



No comments:

Post a Comment