Wednesday, November 10, 2010

While they were sleeping....

With the time recent time change, bedtime has suddenly shifted about an hour earlier.  It's dark outside, the kids are tired (because they insist on waking up with the sun before 6am) and we are ready for some quiet alone time, just the two of us.  So, after putting the littles to bed last night, I settled in at the computer to do some stalking catching up on facebook.  I thought I heard the pitter patter of little feet once, but then it was quiet and I assumed there had been a necessary trip to the bathroom.  Then, a few hours later, when I myself was headed to bed, I found a piece of paper lying on the bed with the following message...

"Ples give ics cream to ELi."

Personally, I was impressed with his politeness as well as the capital letter at the beginning of the sentence and period at the end.  Trust me, it's something we've been working on for loooooong time.  Of course this note drives home the point I made yesterday about his struggle with spelling.  And yes, he does spell his name with a capital E and L and then lowercase i.  I've tried to break him of it, but to no avail.

I also had to laugh at the thought process of my 6 year old.  He obviously knew better than to get out of bed and come ask for ice cream after being told it was bedtime, but what did he expect?  Was I going to wake him up at 10pm (ok, more like 11:30) and give him the requested ice cream?  Or did he think I would have it sitting out, waiting on him for breakfast in the morning? 

And, we apparently still have some training to do regarding serving others first....what about his brother and sister?  No ice cream for them?

Nice try, son.

No comments:

Post a Comment