Monday, August 16, 2010

So it begins....

Like I mentioned previously, my 3 year old has been quite the mama's boy of late.  He will gladly ditch the swingset, sandbox, television, blocks, puzzles or playing outside to follow me wherever I'm going (usually just down the driveway to the mailbox or our house under construction).  He will come running, almost crying sometimes, if he thinks I'm going to leave without him, yelling, "Wait, I go wit choo!!"

Well, that all changed today......I have met my match....paint.  That's right, I'm being replaced by paint.  I set the kids up outside on an old sheet with paint, paintbrushes and scrap pieces of wood blocks this morning.  Later, when I needed to go talk to the rock mason for a few minutes and told them I was going down to the house, he looked at me for just a second, at the paintbrush in his hand, and back at me and said, "Bye, Mama!  When Daddy come home?" 

So, I've decided to accept that he is growing up....Now, if you will excuse me, I have some paint to throw away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment