Everyday life around the farm....
The rare, but greatly appreciated Date Night
Here are a few of my most memorable times during our courtship.....
- When meeting his family for the very first time, his 4 year old niece very plainly asked, "So, is she THE GIRL?"
- Agreeing to go for a hike in the woods around the farm.....After an hour HIKE UP THE MOUNTAIN, he showed me a beautiful waterfall. The verdict is still out, but I think the blisters were worth it.
- In November he personally flew me down to Destin for the day one Saturday in a Cesna something or other....Did I mention he had his private pilot's license? Once he showed me how to recognize the flashing beacons at airports along the way, I spent most of the trip identifying airports....just in case.
- Spending Thanksgiving together with my family in Louisiana, where he met my parents for the first time (and only time before asking me to marry him, but we'll get to that later) and we watched his first ever episode of Veggie Tales in my cousin's bedroom...Dave and the Giant Pickle.
- Emailing him almost everyday from London during my 3 week overseas elective in January.....only to find out about 9 months later (after we were married) that he never received my emails until September. Imagine his surprise when he gets an email from his new bride saying that she had safely arrived in London!!