Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Use Swagbucks to earn Amazon gift cards!

Have you heard of Swagbucks?  If so, have you signed up yet to start earning Amazon gift cards?

It's easy....
1.  Go to Swagbucks and sign up for an account at no cost and no credit card info is required.  You will receive an automatic 30 swagbucks just for signing up.
2.  Start earning Swagbucks.....
  • Search - Use the Swagbucks search bar (instead of Google) while surfing the web and you will occasionally receive Swagbucks (usually 7 to 10).  A notification will pop up on the screen to let you know that you earned the bucks.  You can also install the search bar so that you can easily search without having to go to the Swagbucks homepage first.  If I use the Swagbucks Search throughout the day, I typically win Swagbucks 1-3 times.
  • Daily Poll - Answer the Daily Poll question once a day and receive 1 Swagbuck every day.
  • NOSO - No Obligation Special Offers....There is a link on the Swagbucks homepage for NOSO.  These are advertising offers that you can sign up for to receive specific products and information.  All you have to do is click "Skip" or "See Next Offer" through about 4 or 5 offers, without signing up for any, and then you will be asked to enter a Captcha to earn 2 Swagbucks.  You can also complete this everyday to earn 2 bucks everyday.
  • Swagbucks TV - Click on the link on the left side of the homepage and click on a short video to watch.  There is a Swagbucks TV meter at the top of the page.  As you watch videos the meter will increase, up to 100%.  When you reach 100% you earn 3 swagbucks.  You can actually earn up to 150 swagbucks a day using this tool!  Of course, that would take a LOT of time clicking on videos all day long, but I usually earn 6-15 swagbucks a day using this tool.  *Hint - Watch your meter and as soon as it increases (from 10% to 20% for example), click on the next video instead of watching the entire video.  It usually increases sometime during an advertisement that plays before the video begins.  I usually keep Swagbucks TV minimized, with my volume turned all the way down, and throughout the day I will click on videos while I am doing other things on the computer and/or feeding a baby, so I am earning swagbucks without much effort.  (If your internet service limits your daily allowance of downloads, like ours does, be careful not to overdo your swagbucksTV.)
  • Special offers - Be careful here.  I usually only do special offers that are free, and I still limit what I choose to not include anything that would involve a credit check, phone number, or a "1 month trial" that would start charging if you forget to cancel.  Most of the offers that I choose offer 1-12 swagbucks and involve watching a video or liking a Facebook page (which I then "unlike" after the swagbucks have been added to my account).  I also keep a "junk" email account for special offers that require an email address.  Occasionally I will participate in an offer that requires a purchase through a retailer link that I regularly buy from, such as Gap or Vistaprint.  These offers result in 250-300 swagbucks.  In the past two weeks I have earned 570 swagbucks through these two companies, and the Vistaprint order was FREE, I only had to pay shipping.  The Gap offer ends today 12/13 (you have to purchase at least $29 at Gap and there is a HOLIDAY code for 30% off your entire order).  The Vistaprint offer is still available, but I do not know when it will end.  I ordered Free business cards and mailing labels through Vistaprint.)
  • Coupons - This is very easy if you regularly use coupons.com to print coupons from home.  Click on the "Coupons" link on side of the Swagbucks homepage.  It will direct you to coupons.com.  Click any coupons that you want and when you redeem the coupons at a store you will be awarded 10 swagbucks per coupon.  It does take 8-12 weeks for these swagbucks to be awarded.  To receive swagbucks for the coupons, you have to link to coupons.com through the swagbucks link.
  • Team Challenges - About once every season they offer a team challenge that you can choose to join.  The two teams compete against each other to see who can earn the most points via swagbucks during a specified period of time.  Everyone who participates will earn swagbucks, 10 for the losing team and 25 for the winning team.  There is currently a team challenge "Snowball Fight" going on that you can join up to December 21, by clicking on the banner on the homepage.  (I'm on the losing team, but I'm still looking forward to my 10 swagbucks on December 22)
  • Birthday Bucks - Get a 50 buck bonus on your birthday!  These bucks are automatically awarded.  You don't have to do anything.  (I'm looking forward to mine next week!)
  • There are other earning options that you can look into once you sign up, such as Special Codes and Trusted Surveys, but the ways listed above are the easiest in my opinion.  
Earning Rewards...Now that you are earning Swagbucks, what can you do with them?  There is a Swagstore where you can redeem your bucks for prizes.  The most popular (and useful, in my opinion) prizes are gift cards to Amazon, PayPal, Starbucks, etc.  A $5 Amazon gift card requires 450 Swagbucks.  That sounds like a lot, but I have ordered 2 in the past week and am close to ordering my 3rd.  (I think there is a limit of 5 Amazon cards per month, but I have never reached that.)

Within just a few minutes each day you can easily earn 6-10 Swagbucks, and with a little more effort through Searching and clicking through some videos throughout the day, you can earn 20-30 or more a day, possibly resulting in $10 every month to Amazon.  That makes for a nice little bonus come Christmas!

Check it out for yourself and see if Swagbucks are as rewarding for you as it has been for me! I'll be happy to answer any questions that I can!

*If you are already a Swagbucks member, feel free to share any of your tips and/or favorite prizes as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment