Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Pictures



Last week I took over 300 pictures of my children.  I was trying to meet a deadline to get a 2012 calendar ordered and I needed some pictures for the month of December.  We were scheduled to have professional family pictures made just 2 days later, but I needed to get the calendar ordered.  Therefore, I created a makeshift photo shoot.  And I must admit that they are some of the best pictures that I have ever taken of my kids....of course, that's not saying much, considering the following:




As you can see, I am not a photographer.  However, with a little bit of inspiration from my new best friend, Pinterest, I attempted to take some Christmas pictures.  It was me, my victims kiddos, and a point and click.  (Some basic editing software might have been involved as well....shhh!) 

Although these pictures are certainly not professional in nature, I was mighty proud of myself and my victims kids for putting up with me.  There were certainly some flops and some funnies, but I ended up with a plethora of photos to choose from to finish out the calendar.

It took a few several shots to get started....






But once I figured it out, there was no stopping...















I took 16 shots of my first victim Charlie, and by the end I had taken 82 shots of the last victim Eli.  I think I was having more fun than they were....

this is boring

No more pictures!

I even got a little creative...





And the outtakes, which will not be seen on a Christmas card in a mailbox near you....






For those of you who have never met the following little boy, the next three pictures sum up his personality perfectly.  No explanation needed.




By the end, we were all exhausted....


going...

going....



Gone.
My sentiments exactly.

 And two days later we took 200 more pictures with a real photographer....more soon.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment