We have gone from this....
It's hard to believe that we waited on the Lord's timing for a year before discovering the joy of new life that he had blessed us with. And now, that sweet baby boy is a year old, and it seems to have happened oh so fast.
At one year, Charlie is
- Drinking whole milk. He never flinched between the transition from breastmilk to formula or between formula and milk. Easy as pie.
- Continuing to sleep 11-12 hours at night
- Continuing to take 2 naps a day
- Eating more table food. I can't remember the last time he ate baby food. He eats a little of everything that we eat, excluding steak. Some of his favorites include crackers, eggs, chili, and hot dogs.
- Scooting/crawling. It seems like in just the past week each new day has brought new adventures for Charlie. He has gone from rotating in a circle on the floor, to pushing backwards, to pulling himself forward on his belly, army style. He can also scoot short distances sitting up, similar to his big sister's method. He's not quite up to speed with his bigger siblings, and that's one thing Mama is thankful for.
- Pulling himself to a sitting position. I've never actually witnessed this accomplishment, but for 3 days in a row, when I have gone to get him up from a nap, he has been sitting up in bed. Once he even had his hands holding onto the crib rails and pulled up on his knees. It won't be long.
- Saying "Da Da" and "Ma Ma"
- Continuing to dislike bathtime.
- Enjoying being outside and is often content to sit in the stroller and watch his big brother practice baseball. Yet when we are actually at the ballpark watching a game, he becomes bored in the stroller very quickly unless he has snacks.
- Loved so much by his family. He is often the center of attention and his bigger siblings often share bites of their meals/snacks with him, and he is often hauled down the hallway by his big sister to her bedroom to play "house."