Monday, January 24, 2011

Let the Games Begin

Charlie has learned (and mastered) his first game.  Yep, with him sitting by and closely watching us play Uno, Sorry, or Memory each night before bed, it was bound to happen sooner than later.

You see, living out in the country, cell phone reception is spotty, at best.  I have discovered that if I stand directly in front of this one kitchen window, I have the greatest chance of being able to carry on a phone conversation without repeating "Can you hear me?"  "Can you hear me now?" throughout the call.  Instead of holding the 17 lb sack of potatoes pictured above, I have begun to sit him down on the counter directly in front of me.  However, he now likes to reach forward and grab everything within his reach, so I have to remove all sharp objects, glasses of undrunk milk, etc from the immediate surrounding area.  Well, last week the little snickerdoodle reached over and pulled up on the sink faucet pictured above.  When the water turned on, he just looked at me and grinned.  I quietly turned it off and can you believe he reached over, grinned, and turned it on again???  We repeated this process about 47 times in a period of about 33 seconds. 



Charlie wins!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment